Voting in Pennsylvania
Conshohocken Borough is located in the U.S. Congressional District 4, State Senatorial District 7, and State Representative District 54.
Montgomery County Voter Services
One Montgomery Plaza
425 Swede Street, Suite 602
Norristown, PA 19401
Montgomery County Voter Services
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404
Phone: (610) 278-3280
Fax: (610) 292-4527
In order to vote in any election, you must be registered. To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen for at least 30 days before the next election.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the next election.
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election.
Voters who move within the state within 30 days prior to an election may vote in that election at their previous election district. Registration is permanent unless an elector moves to another election district or fails to vote for two consecutive years.
Registration can be done online or by mailing a completed voter registration form to Montgomery County Voter Services, P.O. Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311.
Voter Registration Resources
- Register to vote online
- Check your registration status
- Pennsylvania Voter Registration Application
- Montgomery County Voter Registration Guide
The third Tuesday in May is Primary Election Day in Pennsylvania except in presidential election years when the Primary is held on the fourth Tuesday in April. Only voters registered in a political party can vote for that party's candidates in a Primary Election, although independent voters may vote on referendum questions that appear on Primary Election ballots.
General Elections, when state and federal offices are filled, occur in even-numbered years. Municipal elections, including county offices, are held in odd-numbered years. Both are held on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
Upcoming Election Dates
- Primary Elections: May 16, 2023
- General Elections: November 7, 2023
Primary Election Deadline Dates
- May 1, 2023: Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration. Postmarks do not apply.
- May 9, 2023: Deadline to sign up to vote by mail ballot (mail-in or absentee ballot). Applications must be received by 5:00 pm.
- May 16, 2023: Election Day. Polls are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. All Civilian Absentee or Mail-In ballots must be received.
General Election Deadline Dates
- October 23, 2023: Deadline to register to vote or update voter registration. Postmarks do not apply.
- October 31, 2023: Deadline to sign up to vote by mail ballot (mail-in or absentee ballot). Applications must be received by 5:00 pm.
- November 7, 2023: Election Day. Polls are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. All Civilian Absentee or Mail-In ballots must be received.
Casting Your Ballot
Voter may cast their ballot in the following ways:
- Vote by absentee ballot
- Vote by mail-in ballot
- Vote in person
Absentee & Mail-In Ballot Voting
- Absentee Ballot: If you plan to be out of the municipality on election day or if you have a disability or illness, you can request this ballot type. This ballot requires you to list a reason for your request. Absentee Ballots must be applied for and are not automatically issued.
- Mail-in Ballot: Any qualified voter may apply for a mail-in ballot. You may request this ballot without a reason. Residents have the option to complete one application for a mail in ballot for the primary AND the general election OR they may apply for each election individually. Mail-in ballots must be applied for and are not automatically issued to registered voters.
Montgomery County utilizes a voter-marked paper ballot system with a verifiable paper trail. Most voters will now use a pen to fill out their ballot. They will then have an opportunity to check it for accuracy before submitting it to a scanner that tabulates the votes and keeps the ballot in a secure container for audits or recounts. Each polling place will also have a fully ADA compliant voting ballot alternative.
Borough of Conshohocken Polling Locations
Polls open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
- WARD 1 & 4: Community Center at the Fellowship House, 515 Harry Street (Gymnasium) *Please enter the building at the gymnasium doors off of E 5th Avenue & Harry Street
- WARD 2 & 3: Community Center at the Fellowship House, 515 Harry Street (Multipurpose Room) *Please enter the building at the main entrance doors at E 6th Avenue & Harry Street.
- WARD 5: Conshohocken Fire Company No. 2, 819 Fayette Street
- WARD 6: Borough Hall, 400 Fayette Street
- WARD 7: A.A. Garthwaite Stadium (A-Field), East 11th Avenue & Harry Street
Not sure which ward you're located in? You can easily find your polling place by using the Department of State's online lookup tool.