Responsibilities of the Mayor
The Mayor is elected at-large to serve a four-year term. While Council has full legislative and executive authority, the Mayor is charged with the full control of the Chief of Police and the police force. Other responsibilities include casting a tie or split-breaking vote, performing marriage ceremonies, requesting aid and assistance from law enforcement officers and agencies, declaring states of emergency, and administering oaths.
About Mayor Aronson
Mayor Yaniv Aronson has devoted his life to education and community service. Mayor Aronson is a Professor at Montgomery County Community College. He holds a Bachelor of Arts from Penn State University, a Master of Sciences from Saint Joseph’s University, a Master of Fine Arts from Boston University, and a Doctorate Degree Immaculata University. He is also a Stanford University Hollyhock Fellow, a program that provides support and professional development for teachers in under-resourced public school districts.
Mayor Aronson is the founding Chairman of the Conshohocken-Plymouth-Whitemarsh Rotary Evening Club, a pioneer member of the Conshohocken Running Club, and council liaison to the Environmental Advisory Council and Conshohocken Dog Park Committee. His vision for Conshohocken includes an increased focus on public safety, including advocating for pedestrian-friendly additions to the Borough, as well as encouraging more community service and volunteer opportunities for residents.
Mayor Aronson has worked to promote Conshohocken as both an active community for residents and a regional destination for visitors by helping to coordinate the annual Conshohocken Arts Festival and Car Show in partnership with the Conshohocken Art League, suicide prevention and awareness events through Prevent Suicide PA and the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Task Force, biannual neighborhood cleanups with the Environmental Advisory Council, public safety and health classes with the Conshohocken Police Department, and regular pet-friendly events through the Conshohocken Dog Park Committee.
Mayor Officiated Weddings
- 400 Fayette Street, First Floor Meeting Room, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- No rental or services fees apply
- By appointment only. Must schedule at least 10 business days in advance
- Please call 610-828-1092
Mary Wood Park House
- 120 E 5th Avenue, Conshohocken, PA 19428
- Available Monday - Sunday by reservation only. Must reserve at least 10 business days in advance
- Rental fees apply for Mary Wood Park House ($50 per hour)
- All parties must complete a rental permit to reserve Mary Wood Park House. Rental times must be in conjunction with the Community Center at the Fellowship House business hours
- Acceptable forms of payment include: cash, check or credit card
- Please call 610-828-3266 or email RecServices@conshohockenpa.gov to reserve
Office hours held at the Community Center at the Fellowship House: 515 Harry Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428
3rd Saturday of each month: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
4th Wednesday of each month: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Telephone & Email Directory