In June of 2018, Borough Council adopted Conshohocken’s 10-Year Comprehensive Plan. During the drafting process, Conshohocken Borough conducted a community wide citizen survey and public meetings to gather and evaluate resident feedback across a range of community issues. One of the primary concerns identified was the preservation of a thriving Fayette Street corridor (“Main Street”) in the Borough of Conshohocken.
On May 2, 2022, Borough Council held a Main Street Overlay Ordinance Public Forum to appropriately address and discuss the future of the Fayette Street corridor. Borough Council will now be creating a Main Street Ordinance Overlay Task Force.
The Task Force shall consist of persons appointed by a majority vote of Borough Council. It shall also consist of stakeholders from varying backgrounds and with varying interests. The Task Force will consist of at least 7 members but no more than 9 members. While Borough Council shall have sole discretion to determine the size and composition of the Task Force, Borough Council shall strive to appoint the following:
- No more than 2 members of Borough Council
- At least 2 Borough residents (at least 1 of which should be an owner of property in the Borough)
- At least 3 Borough business owners (Business owners can also be residents. If a resident, and selected, they will serve a dual role on the task force. Ideally, there will be representation from the lower, middle and upper portions of Fayette Street)
- The Borough Zoning Officer
- The Borough manager or her designee
Borough Council will be accepting letters of interest, resumes, and applications for the Borough of Conshohocken Main Street Ordinance Overlay Task Force. If you are interested in being considered, please complete an application and forward it with a cover letter and resume to the address below:
Ms. Stephanie Cecco, Borough Manager
c/o Ms. Brittany Rogers, Executive Assistant to the Borough Manager
400 Fayette Street, Suite 200
Conshohocken, PA 19428
To be considered, all application materials must be received no later than 4:30pm on Monday, December 19, 2022.