Notice is hereby given that the Borough of Conshohocken Borough Council will consider for adoption the 2023 Tax Ordinance at their Public Meeting being held at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at the Borough Hall located at 400 Fayette Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428. Pursuant to the requirements of the Borough Code, the following is a summary of the ordinance under consideration:
AN ORDINANCE FOR THE BOROUGH OF CONSHOHOCKEN LEVYING A REAL ESTATE TAX FOR THE YEAR 2023 AND FIXING THE RATE THEREOF; REPEALING PRIOR INCONSISTENT ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES; CONTAINING A SEVERABILITY CLAUSE; AND SETTING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
The ordinance levies taxes on all real property within the Borough of Conshohocken for the fiscal year 2023 in the total amount of 4.5 mills on each dollar of assessed real estate valuation for County purposes ($0.45 on each $100 of assessed valuation for County purposes), as follows (all assessed values refer to assessed valuations for County purposes):
- for general Borough purposes—3.3483 mills on each dollar of assessed value ($0.33483 on each $100 of assessed value)
- for street lights—0.1677 mills on each dollar of assessed value ($0.01677 on each $100 of assessed value)
- for establishing, maintaining, and/or aiding in the maintaining of the Conshohocken Free Library as a local library—0.0836 mills on each dollar of assessed value ($0.00836 on each $100 of assessed value)
- for the support of fire services—0.1254 mills on each dollar of assessed value ($0.01254 on each $100 of assessed value)
- for debt service—0.7750 mills on each dollar of assessed value ($0.0775 on each $100 of assessed value)
The ordinance repeals prior inconsistent ordinances or parts of ordinances, contains a severability clause, and contains an effective date. A copy of the full text of the ordinance under consideration may be examined or obtained at the Borough Hall, 400 Fayette Street, Suite 200, Conshohocken, PA 19428 and on the Borough website at www.conshohockenpa.gov.