Borough Council voted to approve Resolution 2022-32, which will establish permanent once-per-week trash and recycling collection, at their November 16, 2022 Public Voting Meeting. The resolution will go into effect on Sunday, January 1, 2023.
The pick-up schedule and rules and regulations will remain the same as it was during the trial period:
East Side - Monday
West Side - Tuesday
East Side – Monday
West Side - Tuesday
YARD WASTE SCHEDULE:
Wednesday – East and West Sides
(NO GRASS CLIPPINGS)
HOLIDAY COLLECTION SCHEDULE:
• If a holiday falls on a Monday or Tuesday, trash and recycling will be picked up on Wednesday.
• If a holiday falls on a Monday or Tuesday, yard waste can be put out on Wednesday evening for Thursday pick-up.
• Note that holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are observed by the Public Services Team the following Monday. Therefore, as noted above, Wednesday is the make up Trash and Recycling Day for applicable Monday holiday closures.
RESIDENTIAL TRASH COLLECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• There is a limit of 4 carts/bags per household per pick-up (200 pounds maximum)
• Each household is permitted to dispose of one (1) large piece of furniture or bulk item per month with regular trash. This includes sofas, box springs, plastic siding, TV’s and all electronics. All other bulk trash or bulk metal collection must be arranged through the Borough of Conshohocken by calling 610-828-1092.
• Each cart/bag is not to be heavier than 50 pounds.
• Needles, syringes, lances and other sharp objects must be placed in a metal container with a secure lid so they are not a hazard.
• Please place your trash cart at the curbside of your property no earlier than 5:00 PM the night before and remove your cart from your curbside no later than 7:00 PM the day of collection.
• No construction debris, carpet, clean-outs, or move-outs unless approved by the Licenses and Inspections Department. Please call 610-828-1092.